Many of you have expressed interest in a Writing Your Life group where you can:
- meet regularly
- obtain encouragement to keep writing
- receive useful feedback on stories you’ve written
- learn more about writing well
- become a better writer
- enjoy the company of like-minded writers
- read and discuss some amazing stories
- have one heck of a good time
Well, I have fantastic news for you!
I am launching a monthly feedback group limited to four to six people only. To begin, I’ve set aside three dates as an experiment to see how many people are interested because it takes committed writers to sustain such a group.
The group meets monthly on the fourth Sunday of each month from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Location to be announced (my home or a nearby facility).
Monthly registration required – $49 per group session
The format of the sessions will follow the practice established in previous ongoing classes. Each group member will:
- submit two to four double-spaced pages of a story for review three weeks before the meeting
- closely review each group member’s story in advance of the session (guidance on how to do this will be provided)
- come prepared to discuss each story following a specified format
- receive fifteen minutes of focused feedback on your story
We will begin each session with a review of common writing mistakes that will benefit all participants.
Know that one of the best ways to improve your writing skills is to review other people’s stories, and this group provides you with that opportunity.
If you are interested in participating in the feedback group, sign up today. Once the group has reached the maximum number of people, a waitlist will be created. If you are on the waitlist and a space does not open up, your payment will be refunded.
Join us, learn and grow as writers, and encourage one another in working toward our writing goals in 2019.