This Week’s Writing Prompt
bib·lio·phile | \ ˈbi-blē-ə-ˌfī(-ə)l
: a lover of books; a book collector (The Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
The other day, I remembered how much I love books. I adore reading them, smelling them, touching the pages, writing in the margins, and seeing them line the shelves of my bookcases. New books, old favorites, paperback, hardback, digital, or audio, I love them all.
A recent report* found that reading a book for just six minutes per day can reduce stress by up to 68%. These days, we all need an outlet for stress. As a full-blooded bibliophile, I wholeheartedly embrace reading as a stress reliever!
Researchers also found that 44% of people enjoy reading e-books, while 30% prefer physical books, and 21% listen to audiobooks. What about you?
- What format do you most often use to enjoy a book? Why so?
- What are you currently reading?
- Share about a memorable book or the first book you remember reading or owning.
- What was the book?
- Why did it make such an impression on you?
- Write a short vignette involving a moment in your life in connection with this book.
*Based on a report sponsored by Mashable, Yahoo News, and Hello Giggles.