Can I book my cruise online?
Sorry, no you cannot. To be a part of the Writing the Waves group and the writing program, you have to book through Group Travel Specialists, Inc. in Kissimmee. They have secured special pricing and have a block of rooms reserved for participants in the Writing the Waves program and guests. You can contact them by phone at (407)846-0088 or by email at Gtskiss@aol.com. If you’d like to print out a registration form to mail into them, click here.
Can I register now, even if I don’t have a roommate yet?
Certainly! You can register at any time and reserve your cabin. If you register before you have a roommate who is also ready to sign up, you’ll need to pay a $500 deposit as a single occupancy. To register for a double occupancy cabin, you’ll need names and credit card information on both persons in the room.
Once your roommate registers, the extra $250 that you paid can be credited toward the balance of your cruise or refunded. If you have additional questions about this, please contact Group Travel Specialists by phone at (407)846-0088 or by email at Gtskiss@aol.com.
What does it take to feed all the passengers on the ship each week?
During a typical week long cruise, the Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas goes through the following amount of food:
- 234,000 appetizers (6 appetizers per day per person); 105,000 meals and 300,680 desserts (7.5 desserts per day per person)
- 20,000 pounds (9,100 kg) of beef, including 69,000 steaks (1.7 steaks per day per person)
- 12,000 pounds (5,400 kg) of chicken
- 4,000 pounds (1,800 kg) of seafood; 2,500 pounds (1,100 kg) of salmon and 1,400 pounds (640 kg) of lobster
- 65,000 pounds (29,000 kg) of fresh vegetables and 35,000 pounds (16,000 kg) of fresh fruits (2.5 pounds (1.1 kg) of fruit and veg per day per person)
- 5,800 pounds (2,600 kg) of cheese
- 28,000 fresh eggs
- 18,000 slices of pizza
- 8,000 US gallons (30,000 l; 6,700 imp gal) of ice cream
- 1,500 pounds (680 kg) of coffee and 1,500 US gallons (5,700 l; 1,200 imp gal) of milk
- 11,500 cans of soda; 109,200 bottles and cans of beer and 2,900 bottles of wine
Source: Wikipedia article, June 9, 2012
Do you have a cruise question we can answer for you?
For all questions about the cruise, please contact Writing the Waves’ partner, Group Travel Specialists, by phone at (407)846-0088 or by email at Gtskiss@aol.com. If you have questions about the writing program, type your question in the comments section below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have answers to your questions.