This Week’s Writing Prompt
That’s a wrap! School-aged children across the country are celebrating the end of another school year in anticipation of a laid-back summer. The completion of a grade can be a bittersweet time, though, especially if a student bonded with a particular teacher. On the other hand, biding hasta la vista to a less enjoyable teacher is downright liberating.
Did you have a particularly memorable teacher? Write about your teacher in the comments section below.
- Was this a teacher you liked or barely tolerated? Why?
- How did he or she act toward you?
- What was it like saying goodbye to him or her?
- In what grade and subject did you have this teacher? Remember to include the physical location, time, and other information to anchor your story in time and space.
- Use elements of characterization, such as appearance, unique actions or gestures, manner of speaking, and disposition, to describe your teacher.
All posts in response to our writing prompts in May will be entered into our drawing to win a free online coaching video—that’s a $20 value! This is your last week to qualify for our May drawing. Go for it!