This Week’s Writing Prompt:
After our seventeen days of travel in July, I felt ready to come home when we boarded the plane in Vancouver. I wanted to sleep in my bed, although the Golden Princess beds were the best, eat my regular breakfast, and see the sun glisten over the lake from my writing desk. I longed to see the otter family hunt for a meal in the early morning hours. I also missed my friends, and I even missed the work I enjoy so much. No adventure or beautiful landscape can replace all that I love about being home. As Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz, “There’s no place like home.”
What about you? What is it about your home that makes you long for it?
- When you think of home, what comes to mind?
- What does it smell like?
- What is the temperature?
- What colors and objects do you see?
- How do you feel in this space?
- Do you have a favorite spot in your home? Describe it and tell us why you love it.
- What is it about your home you do not experience anywhere else?
Share your response in the comments section below.
All posts in response to our writing prompts in August will be entered into our drawing to win a free online coaching video—that’s a $20 value!