Picture this…crystal blue water, view of the horizon in every direction, azure skies with puffy white clouds, exotic destinations, scrumptious food, first class entertainment, fascinating people, time for adventure and relaxation, and a chance to learn more about writing your personal and family history. Now, pen yourself into this scene.
The first ever Writing Your Life cruise is taking shape, and I just couldn’t wait to tell you about it. All the details have not yet been finalized—hopefully they will within the next week—but I wanted to give you a few highlights, so you can begin imagining yourself on this great adventure. Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Royal Caribbean International
- Seven nights, eight days
- Freedom of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas
- Ports of Labadee, Haiti (Royal Caribbean’s private resort); Falmouth, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico
- Mid-April to early May 2013 departure
- Leaves from Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale
- Includes transportation from Orlando, all port taxes, fees, baggage handling, tips, porters—everything but drinks, shore excursions, gambling and souvenirs
- Installment payments available
- Writing workshops conducted during the two days at sea
- Pricing for writing and non-writing participants available soon
So what do you think? Are you ready to stretch out your sea legs and combine two fun pastimes—writing and travel? If you are, let me know, and I’ll make sure you get all the details as soon as they are available.